Alternative to Incarceration (ATI) program is a residential placement option for youth who need 24-hour supervision, who are pre-trial candidates and pre-adjudicated youth whose offense(s) do not pose a genuine public safety risk and where the youth could complete their sentence without secured detention.
ATI is designed to maximize a youth’s success and its goal is to have the youth remain arrest free. In doing so, Youth 4 Change, (Y4C), Inc. will offer More Than Conquerors which is the central program for Y4C – ACADEMICS.
Our in house Mentoring Programs are geared to the juvenile population:
1. Elementary School
2. Middle School
3. High School
4. Pre-trial/pre-adjudicated youth
Y4C’s Therapeutic Programs consist of:
2. Life Skills
4. Behavioral Health
5. Substance Abuse (prevention & intervention)
6. Spiritual Growth
It has always been a part of God’s plan for parents to be ultimately responsible for the education and training of their children (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Ephesians 6:4). The general purpose of Champions, The School of Excellence is to strive as an extension of the home by assisting parents with the moral and spiritual training of children and by providing technical assistance to the parents and child in mastering academic skills and concepts.
Champions, The School of Excellence will guide and establish learning experiences that will assist each student in becoming a mature Christian person, as well as responsible and productive member of society.
Champions, The School of Excellence is a non-traditional homeschool offering core curriculum classes in English, Math, Social Studies, Science and a variety of electives that meet state graduation requirements.
Based upon an Individuals Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Service Plan (ISP) residents can also attend one of Clayton County Public School’s elementary, middle, or high school unless otherwise specified.
Youth participating in the program will have the opportunity to work with caring mentors one-on-one to improve their ability to develop a positive attitude towards their future. The long-term goal of Y4C is to empower the young person to break the cycle of bondage (habits) that are leading them to trouble in school and in the streets and to propel them into freedom (change).
Our mentoring groups are:
1. Before it Starts focuses on elementary school students
2. Transformers focuses on middle school students who are perpetually suspended from school
3. Aim High focuses on high school students who are low achievers and potential candidates for drop-out and criminal life styles
4. 2nd Chance engages youth involved in the juvenile court system
All Y4C participants and mentors participate in an energizing retreat followed by structured programs that include one-on-one counseling, monthly team-building and group activities.
1. Entrepreneurship –focuses on education and business development
2. Life Skills – focuses on communication skills, horticulture, culinary arts, hospitality, personal development
3. Athletics – focuses on team sports, coaching, leadership and participation
4. Behavioral Health – focuses on the mental and emotional health of the individual
5. Substance Abuse Prevention & Intervention – focuses on dangers of substance abuse and rehabilitation
6. Spirituality – focuses on the spiritual growth and development of mind, body and soul